Fund Development Director, YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit
NAYDO: Ownership Committee
Work: (313) 223-2490
- Years in Financial Development (YMCA and Other): 20
- Years Affiliated with the Y: 20
- Budget in Current Position: Over $1 million
Financial Development Accomplishments
Provide leadership to annual giving campaign of over $1.2 million for 10 facility branches, 2 camps, 5 outreach initiatives as well as providing key support to our association campaign; the campaign has grown by 15% in the last 4 years in a very challenging climate.
Currently in the quiet phase for several of our branches.
- Serving on the Planned Giving Roundtable of Southeast Michigan and the mentor program
- Providing communications to our current Heritage Club members through e-blasts and newsletters and hosting an annual Heritage Club brunch
- Working to grow our endowment through strategic cultivation of branch members
Board and Volunteer Development
Provide training related to fundraising to our branch boards and other volunteers as it relates to how to make an ask, donor stewardship and logistics.
- Provide guidance to branch staff on appropriate funding that aligns with our mission
- Participate in periodic grant reviews at the association level to ensure mission alignment and sustainability of programs
Marketing & Communications
- Provide guidance on collateral related to philanthropy in our association
- Ensure all collateral is eye-catching, impactful and in line with our goal to Make Every Day Better
- Provide leadership and tools to cultivate our current donor base and connect with potential new supporters both at the branch level and association level
- Lead stewardship activities at the association level
Co-chair of 2016 NAYDO conference, the first-ever dual country conference.
Member of Planned Giving Roundtable of Southeast Michigan
Member of AFP-Detroit